It has been far too long since I last wrote a blog – so much for “free” time post-retirement! I have not had a spare minute and any spare time has been spent writing my novel – I am up to Ch19 and soooo excited about the way it is working out. I have found that writing is such a good outlet for my creativity and am enjoying every minute. Actually that’s not quite true – I am at an impasse right now and wrestling with how I want the heroine of the piece to interact with the protagonist and it’s rewrite after rewrite at the moment. But I know a moment of inspiration will appear sooner or later. Or maybe I’ll just write the end and work backwards from there!
But I digress – this blog is about another exciting event in life – the expansion of this website to include my photography. I am working again with an inspiring young web designer – Beki – and together we are creating some beautiful things.
As a preview, here are my top 5 things I love to take photographs of:
Sisters and friends
Weddings (and engagements)
1. Family: We are all unique and family life is so precious and capturing the essence of each family is a privilege and an honour. I love getting to know folks in an informal setting and have 2 rules for the photo-shoot: Rule 1: Let’s have fun
Rule 2: refer to Rule 1
2. Sisters and friends: I have been blessed with friends who have allowed me to take their photograph and I know we all (deep down) have the desire to be a model and have some great shots taken of us to capture a time and place in our lives. In a relaxed environment this is possible, and I really enjoy spending time exploring the possibilities.
3. Weddings (and engagements): Getting married is such a special occasion and it needs to be captured in a way that reflects the style of the couple, be it relaxed and informal, bright or subtle and calm. I like to get to know a couple before the big day and take some pre-wedding shots if I have not had the chance to take engagement photographs. It is important to take time, them and me and the camera, relaxing and putting a plan into action before the big day so they have one less thing to worry about.
So – save the date – engagement – pre-wedding – wedding – all are exciting events and I love taking time and making a supreme effort to get them just right.
4. Pets: This is a new genre for me and working with animals has its challenges! But I know that many folks love their pets - dogs, cats, rabbits, horses, llama – and I have such fun trying to get them to sit still and allow me to take their photograph (with differing results!) We live and learn, and I still have a lot to learn!
5. Travels: If you follow my blog you will have seen some of my travels – Barbados, Dublin, Boston, sun and snow, near and far. Landscapes are a speciality of mine (maybe because there are no people in them?!) and as Mr B will testify I take pictures of almost everything I see. I have been known to veer into a layby mid-journey to capture the shape of a tree or the certain light on the scenery. The man is patience personified. I have included this category in my website because I love to share with you what I have seen and photographed, and prints are going to be made available to buy.
Please contact me if you would like a print!
Once the website is up and running, all the details of how you too can have a photoshoot, how much it costs and what is involved will be there and all the contact details will be there too.
I look forward to hearing from you!